FETA STUFFED LAMB AND PARMESAN CRISP BURGERS WITH CARAMELISED ONIONS.
Festive Lamb Christmas Burgers with a stuffed feta lamb patty and a parmesan crisp.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Large White Onions
- Pinch of Salt
- 800 g Lamb Mince
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 tsp Mixed Lamb herbs
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- A good pinch of salt & pepper
- 4 Sesame seed or Plain Brioche Buns
- 200 g Grated Parmesan + Sprinkle of dried rosemary & oregano
- 4 tbsp Cranberry sauce or relish
- 2 cups Rocket
- 1 cup Natural Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Fresh chopped Mint
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Pre-heat oven to 200* 2. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and salt, mix and cover. Cook for about 20 -30 minutes, stirring through to ensure that the onion does not stick to the pan.
3. Combine yoghurt, lemon & basil
4. Divide Parmesan into four lumped portions and bake for 3-4 mins watching closely.
5. Mix together lamb mince, minced garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, fresh mint, oregano, cumin, Lamb herbs, salt & pepper. Bring together lightly, making sure not to overwork.
6. Form mince into 4 patty portions (reserving a small ball) . Make a small divot in the centre of each and fill with feta cheese. Cover with a small amount of remaining mince to completely enclose feta.
7. Toast the brioche buns.
8. BBQ or grill patties for 4-5 minutes each side.
9. Assemble burgers. Spread cranberry relish on the bottom bun, place lamb and Top with rocket and drizzle yoghurt sauce on top. Finish with parmesan crisp and burger bun.