About us: For Food’s Sake is a food, travel and lifestyle website created by family members Vanessa, Bianca and Alex. Growing up in a traditional Italian household, we, as a family have had the pleasure of constantly being surrounded by delicious food. On this website, we will be sharing restaurant reviews, our favourite recipes (including some gems from Nonna’s handwritten recipe collection) and some travel pieces.
A little about us: Vanessa: My two greatest passions in life are food and travel. I have spent the past 10 years of my life travelling the world (both for business and pleasure) and have been fortunate enough to experience food and culture in places I would never have imagined. From sweet Borscht in St Petersburg, succulent Adana in Istanbul to aromatic tagines in Marrakesh. I have had the opportunity to fulfil many of my dreams and my passion for food through my travels. Ultimately, my personal ethos is to “Try, Taste and Travel! “
Bianca: Avid restaurant hunter, television nut, carnivorous burger devourer, voracious reader and sacrificial food ‘taster’. My general interest in food blossomed during my early years, vivid memories of my grandmothers fresh Gnocchi tutorials, Stromboli at Easter time. My LOVE of food began in 2012 when I began my journey to ‘healthy eating’, being involved in meal preparations really did bring home as to what exactly was going in my food. Though my tastes in food has changed, I’m now forever on the hunt for the perfect burger and pancakes!
Alex: My love for food is evident in my passion…photography. With a keen eye for detail and sharp, punchy imagery, I aim to show food in glorious detail – creating the kind of pictures that illicit strong social media traction and instant cravings! I style and capture bold colourful and engaging imagery bringing food to life. I can host food styling and photography workshops to share insider skills and knowledge with candour and enthusiasm.
Make sure you follow our Instagram account at @4foodssake -To contact Vanessa, Bianca & Alex, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve added a new feature so you can publish your blog posts on Urbanspoon yourself without having to wait for us to do it! Here’s how it works:
– Make sure you’re signed into Urbanspoon.
– Go to your Urbanspoon blog page (not your user profile): https://www.urbanspoon.com/br/70/12952/Sydney/For-Foods-Sake.html
– Click “Edit blog settings”.
– In the Pending Posts section, click “Edit and publish my pending posts”.
– Then, enter the “snippet” text, verify the date and URL, and press Publish.
Please make sure that:
– The URL should be the permalink to the blog post (not the blog home page, a category page, a post preview, or a service like feedproxy).
– The snippet should be 2-3 sentences (quoted from your blog post) that gives an idea of what’s in the post.
– The snippet should NOT include bylines, dates, address info, captions, tags, HTML code, etc.
Note: there may be a delay of 1-2 hours after you post on your blog until our system detects the post.
We’ll give you one week to do it yourself, then it’ll go into our queue to publish.
Thank you for all of your contributions, and let me know if you have any questions.