Burnt Butter & Sage Gnocchi with Bacon.
The first time I made this recipe, I made the gnocchi from scratch, not overly ambitious… Gnocchi isn’t rocket science but screw it up and you’ll know it! I love Gnocchi but I also like my free time, so save yourself the time and head to any decent supermarche and pick up a good quality packet gnocchi. If you can swing a visit to a local deli or speciality grocer then it’s worth the trip! But then again, convenience is the name of the game!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking: 15 minutes
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 800g store-bought gnocchi
- 500g Sunshine Meats Short Cut Bacon
- 20 small washed sage leaves
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g button mushrooms
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Dice bacon and cook until crispy.
- Heat a large pot of water on high until it begins to boil. Generously salt the water. Cook according to package instructions. Drain gnocchi.
- Cook mushrooms in remaining bacon fat.
- Lightly pan fry gnocchi until caramelised.
- Cook butter until melted then add sage leaves to the pan. Swirl the pan on low for 4-5 minutes or until sage leaves are crisp and butter has turned a deep nut-brown colour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss gnocchi, bacon & mushrooms in pan.