Salads are a major go to in the summertime for us, the ease of throwing together some of our favourite ingredients and voila, an easy, quick and wholesome meal in under 15 minutes. Bulky hearty salads are really where it’s at, it’s colourful and zesty and all tied together by the delicious, fresh Natural wood smoked Huon Salmon.
Wood Smoked Huon Salmon & Pearl Cous Cous Salad.
- 1 cup Pearl Cous Cous
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/3 cup toasted slithered almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted macadamias
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- Lemon zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves (plus extra to serve)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 4 x 150g wood smoked Huon Salmon fillets
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil, season water with a pinch of salt and vegetable stock. Add pearl cous cous and cook to packets instructions. Cool completely.
- Combine oil, honey, lemon zest & juice in a large bowl, season.
- Add pearl cous cous, craisins, sultanas, almonds, macadamias, coconut and herbs. Toss to combine.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat, cook for 4-5 minutes or until light brown. Stir in apple cider vinegar.
- Spread pearl cous cous over a platter and flake over Huon Salmon fillets. Spoon over butter vinaigrette. Top with chopped coriander leaves.
And for some quick snackages we simply spread cream cheese over Huon Premium Smoked Salmon with some fried Haloumi. Heaven!
*Created in conjunction with Huon Salmon.