What’s more Australian on National Lamington Day than a Lamington Ice-cream cake? In conjunction with Susan Day Lamingtons, we created a Jaffa Lamington & Strawberry Ice-cream cake.
Utilising Susan Day Lamingtons made for a rather quick and no fuss dessert. We made this mid-way through winter and still loved it but it’s very much a summery dessert.
JAFFA LAMINGTON & STRAWBERRY ICE-CREAM CAKE.
-3 x 200g Susan Day Jaffa Lamingtons
-1.5L Strawberry Ice-cream
-3 Tablespoons Strawberry Jam
-200g Dark Chocolate
-185ml (3/4 cup) Thickened cream
-35g (1/2 cup) Toasted Flaked Coconut
1. Spoon Ice-cream into a large bowl, set aside for 15 minutes. Allow to soften (become easily spreadable).
2.. Line a 21cm long, rectangle tin with cling wrap, allow to hang over sides. (I use my trusty banana bread tin)
3. Cut each Lamington in half. Layer lamingtons in the bottom of the tin, cut pieces to fit in gaps.
4. Top with 1/3rd of ice-cream, even. Dot Strawberry jam across the layer of ice-cream
5. Repeat with two more layers of lamington, ice-cream & jam. Top with remaining cake and fold cling wrap over top. Place in freezer for at least 5 hours.
6. Combine chocolate pieces and thickened cream in a glass bowl and microwave in 1-minute bursts. Stirring until melted. Place in fridge to cool for 15 minutes.
7. Remove cake from freezer, place on a serving plate and spoon over chocolate ganache.
8. Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes and serve immediately.
Adapted from THIS Taste.com.au recipe.