This French sandwich is traditionally made with ham, topped with grated cheese and then baked or fried but I’m a big fan of Sunshine Meats Oven Roast Turkey Breast and thought it would work extremely well in place of ham.
Oven Roast Turkey Croque Monsieur.
Ready in 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 50g salted butter
- 40g plain flour
- 400ml milk
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 100g Gorgonzola Dolce
- 8 slices wholegrain bread
- Cranberry sauce
- 100g Gruyere cheese
- 600g Sunshine Meats Oven Roast Turkey Breast
- Preheat the oven to 220°celsius
- In a pan on low heat, melt butter until bubbling and stir in flour. Cook for 2-3 mins, pour in the milk and whisk to avoid lumps.
- Raise the heat slightly and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and Gorgonzola.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with cranberry sauce, Gorgonzola sauce & grate half the Gruyere over the top.
- Top with turkey and sandwich with remaining bread. Spread the four tops with leftover Gorgonzola sauce.
- In a skillet, lightly fry bottom bread layer until crispy.
- Bake until sandwiches turn a golden brown colour.
Stay safe and well fed everyone!
Sunshine Meats deliver to Metro Sydney, so if you haven’t tried their product before I highly recommend you check them out.